Thursday, February 5, 2009

To write or not to write... that is the question

Tonight I was told again that I should be an author. Everyone who reads my writing says the same thing. You know what? I'd love to be an author. That is one of my dream jobs, right up there at the top of the list.

However, I still haven't overcome that itty bitty problem of writer's block after a very short way into what I'm writing.

We have a good friend staying with us for a while who's very into drawing right now. I took about 10 minutes to write him a short blurb about him as an artist. He was so very impressed, to use his words. He loved it and gave me a big hug and said he'd keep it always.

I've always had a way with words. There's no doubt about that. It's just the consistency and keeping up with it that's always been my problem. Maybe that's why I like blog posting so much. It's a short blurb and I can get what I want said out and then it's done. I don't have to expand it into a several hundred page novel. (Wouldn't that just drive all our readers crazy? lol)

Ok well I'm gonna sign off for now. The computer's in the living room where we're currently housing our guest and it would be rude to keep blogging with him trying to go to sleep, wouldn't it? Hmmmmm, I wonder.....

No comments:

Post a Comment