Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Owie

I went to the dentist today. I actually had dental work done with no sedation. I'm very proud of myself that I was able to do that. Unfortunately, now my tooth hurts, whereas it didn't before. I think if it doesn't stop hurting soon, I'm going to have to go back and see the dentist again.

The fact that I was able to have dental work done without being asleep is huge for me. I'm absolutely phobic about having dental work done. So much so that I usually have a panic attack when I know I have to go to the dentist. Luckily my dentist has a thorough history of my emotional problems and he knows me well. When he finished his work today, he told me he was very proud of me for being able to go through it with no sedation.

But man oh man, does it hurt now! It's been a long time since I've had a filling put in and I don't really know what to expect. My husband says what I'm experiencing is normal, but I'm not so sure. I guess I'll call my dentist's office tomorrow if it's still hurting and ask them if it's normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment