Thursday, February 19, 2009

Evy's First Aid Kit

I finally just put the finishing touches on my new First Aid Kit for emotional emergencies. I bought a beautiful wicker basket lined with a light tan fabric to hold everything. I originally was using one of my husband's shoe boxes (he has big feet, lol), but all this was in there and it was still crammed tight. So I got something bigger. I've put in a picture so you can see what it looks like and I'll include a list of what's in there. A quick overview of a First Aid Kit is a box with something for all 5 senses: sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch. I added an extra category in mine: stuff that brings back good memories.

Sight: black painted egg, dolphin musical statue, rose candle w/lighter, my mom's reindeer doll, an ID bracelet engraved with "Never Give Up", a brown beaded bracelet I made while hospitalized for my bipolar, a photo album of me happy, a picture of me and my husband, a card I made of Marvin the Martian & K-9 for an abuse survivor's group I used to be in, and 3 drawings I'd done - a fairy, a rose, and a sad woman.

Sound: an mp3 player loaded with favorite songs and relaxation music, a dolphin musical statue, butterfly wind chimes, a stuffed Taco Bell Chihuahua dog that says "Here lizard lizard", and a Pikachu doll that says "Pikachu".

Taste: a box of raisins, Wonka nerds candies, a square of Ghirardelli espresso escape 60% chocolate, several Hershey's special dark miniatures, a tin of dark chocolate m&m minis, some 70% dark chocolate squares, sunflower seeds and honey roasted peanuts, grenadine syrup, and those Runts candies.

Touch: a stress ball, rosemary lip protector, a swatch of soft pink fabric, mom's reindeer, the ID bracelet, the beaded bracelet, a black velvet back of small stones, and a TY baby kitten.

Smell: instant coffee, Johnson's baby lotion, Aveeno lavender stress lotion, Electric Youth perfume, Victorian perfume, Rose bath salts, and a rose candle.

Feel Good Memories: my Valentine Barbie from my childhood, my childhood doll Sylvia, a deck of Virginia Slims playing cards that was my mom's, a Wiccan pouch I made, my bartender business card, my husband's poem to me of strength, and my husband's love note to me in a hand decorated envelope he gave me for Christmas one year.

I realize there are several duplicates in the various categories. That's because those items fit in more than 1 category. The picture below is the parchment paper printout of the contents that I have in the Kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment