Sunday, February 8, 2009

The ignored hotel staff's getting pissed

I'm pissed off and disappointed. Our house guest that's staying with us has turned down an invitation to come home early this evening to play a game with me, my husband, and my brother-in-law.

I have no right to feel this way. Absolutely no right to feel this way. He's a grown man and he can do whatever he wants. But, dammit! It pisses me off. We let him stay here. We listen to him every single night, whether it's preaching about his religion and how it pertains to everything in life on this earth (NOT my religion, by the way, and it makes me damn uncomfortable), or going on about his woes of life as a newly divorced man who's lost visitation privileges with his kids.

Yes, I know. It's very sad. But if you hear the same thing over and over again night after night, it can get a little old. Or let's not forget his new business venture of selling his own abstract artwork that he just started producing. That's gonna make him a millionaire, don't ya know. I mean, geez! There's other topics of conversation out there. He never asks about us and how we're doing, other than the standard 'how's it going?' question that doesn't really expect a response.

I'm sorry if I'm being a bitch. But we've given him a roof over his head and asked nothing in return. I can't even expect him for dinner because we never know when he'll come back. It's like we're being treated as a hotel. But we're not getting anything in return. At least the hotel charges you for ignoring the staff or preaching to them.

Here's another little fact: whenever we ask anyone to come do something with us (which is rare, let me tell you) they turn us down. What, do we have leprosy?? Oh no, it's fine if they want us to come over to their place to help them with something, but if we ask them to come to our house to play a game, have dinner, watch a movie... anything... they pass. They have whatever reason at the moment that sounds good to them as to why they can't come.

It's not fair! And it hurts my feelings. A lot. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment