Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Reversal

Nighttime insomnia plagues me once again. My sleep cycle is reversed. It's nearing 1:30 am and I know that I should be in bed asleep, but I'm wide awake. If I don't get to sleep soon, I'll be up until 4 or 5 am and sleep until 1 pm or so. I hate doing that.

Normally trouble sleeping is one of the first signals that mania is rearing its ugly head, however I don't think that's the case this time.

The only thing I can think of to pin it on is that I'm working through some old issues that are pretty traumatic in nature. My therapist says it could take as many as 10 sessions or more to get this out of my head so that I can refocus on what's important in my life. 10 sessions?? We've only worked on it for 2. I don't like this one bit.

But I digress... I should wake my husband up and ask him to get me a sleeping pill (he's currently in charge of my meds for safety's sake), but I really hate waking him up to ask him for something. He gets very grumpy when I do that.

So I think I'm going to have to resort to different measures. I think what I need to do is turn this computer off (too distracting), turn all the lights off but 1 low-watt lamp, and listen to some of my meditation music. Try to calm my mind and body until I'm tired and ready to get some sleep.

We'll see how that works. Night for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment